Friday, October 12, 2012

Tea at The Ritz, London

My daughter arranged something essentially very British for me, to have afternoon tea, something I have never done before. She reminded me again and again to put on my jacket and tie. To have tea with jacket and tie? Really something I have never done before.

"Why jacket and tie?"

"Tea at the Litz, Pa."

Apparently she has to make booking several weeks earlier.


An elegant entrance

The Palm court with luxurious and graceful setting
and with live piano music, light music.

A strict dress code

Shiny silver tea pots, milk jugs and tea strainers.
And a choice of several varieties of tea. 
As usual, I have my English Breakfast tea.

Other minor details not to be overlooked

On the top level of a 3-tiered cake stand 
there were mille-feuille, macaron, chocolate cake and raspberry tart.

So beautiful and was really good

On the mid-level were English scones, moist and soft, not my taste.

A variety of delicious sandwiches at the bottom level.

It is 'eat all you can' with continuous top-up by the waiter.

What a memorable London afternoon.




My daughter has really spoiled me !!!! 

But I really enjoyed every moment of the afternoon tea,

.

No comments: