Friday, November 19, 2010

The Year of Tiger - 1950


That was the year I was born, 1950. But because I was born in January, in lunar calendar that was December 1949, the year of Ox. I have a better look










than my other primary and lower secondary schoolmates












In those days, most children looked dumb

It wasn’t our fault, it was simply lack of exposure.




In 1950s, the only electrical item in your house was a 40 watt light bulb.







Computer and television were still in the twilight zone. Some families might have radios, really big radio, especially when you were small.





Everything looked big including the charcoal iron used by my mother.



Money was extra big then , I paid 5 cents for my first small bowl of laksa in my school canteen. With some Towfu Pok the price was 10 cents.




A big ice ball with multi colour syrups that you need to hold with both hands, cost only 5 cents.


Almost everybody went to school by bicycle. A new bicycle cost about $60.00. Payment by installment was $6.00 a month for 12 months.



we have many friends, good friends. We have more friends when we entered secondary school and then university.

Then started working and then dating


Have a family
and

Time really flies when you have childrens

and

Suddenly



To all my tiger and tigress friends, Happy 60th Birthday.

No comments: