Sunday, March 15, 2009

Checkers Restaurant Damansara Height

We call this animal "short legged bull" as the mentioned of its actual name may offend some sensitive persons. If you love dishes made from this short legged bull, you must visit the Checkers Restaurant at Lorong Setia Bistari, Bk. Damansara.

This is a small cozy family place that I always enjoy to have dinner with my wife and children. It has limited table, it is advisable to make reservation one day earlier to make sure of a place.






The owner Mr. Tan has renovated the restaurant two months ago that has greatly improve the setting and ambiance.









New comer is advised to ask Mr. Tan for his recommendation or to look at the special dishes listed on the walls. In my last visit I ordered a spegete, "Lord of the ribs" and scampi with crusty bread

Spegete with innovative marinades


"Lord of the Ribs",
a must for me and my son. this dish is made for sharing. The roasted ribs is served with Mr. Tan special sauce and home made mashed potato and coleslaw. I can't give any description on its taste, you must try it yourself.




Don't forget to asked for this super hot chilli sauce when you have pork, pork ribs or pork knuckle

















The Scampi with warm crusty bread.
This is my daughter's favorite dish, the prawn is big and fresh but I like to have the bread with the sauce. Other nice dishes are "Baked Wild Mushroom", " Roast Duck with Orange Sauce" and "Seafood Pizza". As usual special good foods are a bit pricy but the foods served by Mr. Tan are definitely worth your money.

No comments: