Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cheaper Orchid

I used to buy orchids from Sg. Buloh. Last weekend I went to Taman Orchid near the KL Lake Garden. I was surprised to find that the prices for most of the plants were 20% to 30% cheaper than that in Sg. Buloh. The Taman itself is a nice place for your morning walk.

These plants along the walkway are not for sale. These plants are quite common.

A serious looking lady, must be a teacher, a mathematics teacher. "Goood Mooorning Teeeacher"

Now you don't see the teacher. More relaxing right? Less tension right? This water lily pond has man-made rocks at the pond edges where you can sit and rest for a while.

I love orchids but I can never remember their actual names and I also lazy to find out their names. The above white and purple orchids are from Taiwan. The flower is double the size of the local malaysian species. The Taiwanese call them Butterfly Orchid. Some call them Candy Rose. Before Chinese New Year these plants were sold for about Rm 60 but now you can get them at Rm35 before bargaining. The flowers are really big. You can get their seedling for Rm3

These flower are much smaller in size. Rm35 per pot.

These are the common and cheaper orchid plants. Selling at Rm12 to Rm15. In Sg. Buloh the price is from Rm 18 to Rm20

This one is RM25

This is Rm35 before bargaining

This is also Rm35

This one cheap cheap Rm15 only. If you are good you can get one for Rm12 during weekday when business is not that good.

These are more expensive. To the non-expert, they looked almost the same but the price can range from Rm 30 to Rm 300.
This colourful monkey cup is Rm35.

Commonly known as golden shower or dancing lady, I have plenty of them but the flower is not as big. So I bought a cutting for RM5.
This one is Rm 60. Please don't ask me its name. There is another plant placed beside this plant selling for Rm 600. Sorry for not able to display the photo of this expensive plant. My hand was shaking when I heard Rm600.

This one I know the name, it is called Slipper Orchid. One plant with single flower is RM35.
If you go to the garden during weekday (monday to friday), you can get in free. On saturday and sunday the entrance fee is Rm1 per person.

No comments: