Friday, July 15, 2011

Athens - Mykonos - Santorini

My son has not written to me for a while in June (examination time) and

one day

:) Ya sas! (hello in greek of course)



The Parthenon


Attached photo of me (since I know you guys miss me)


(The poor father, trying to figure out which one is his son for half a day)





There was this giant path in the national gardens lined with trees in full bloom



At Syntagma Square where the riots had died down



Sculpture of zeus or poseidon that they found from the sea





Temple of Hephaestus, God of Technology, Blacksmith and Fire



Slow braised pork, which was braised for 12 hours to achieve a very very very tender texture (and very juicy too). it was soooooooooooooo good.



Seafood, seafood all the time at Mykonos




Windmills of Mykonos


Crystal clear water, white house, blue door.


Perfect for lazing around all day





A giant resident pelican



To Santorini


Santorini has been long associated with the legend of the lost city of Atlantis. what used to be a single island, a giant volcanic eruption caused the sinking of the middle of the island, forming this spectacular caldera.








The famous Santorini sunset















This post is incomplete without a song from my favorite Greek Singer Nana Mouskouri




Have a nice weekend my friends



.

No comments: