Friday, January 21, 2011

Parmesan Cheese


The way my daughter wrote about a piece of Parmesan cheese that she bought from one Italian delis in Maida Vale really amused me. By the way, Parmesan cheese is the name of a few kinds of Italian extra-hard cheeses. It is the cheese to go with Spaghetti and other typical Italian pasta.



"I took out the cheese from the fridge, unwrapped it and was surprised that it has no smell (Parmesan normally smells like vomit). The immediate thought was that I was conned. Anyway, I cut a little slice and tried it. It was delicious – delicate and very elegant. Like the Audrey Hepburn of Parmesan, whereas the normal stuff is like Marilyn Monroe – sharp and impactful. (Of course, some people like Marilyn Monroe (ahem!) and some like Audrey Hepburn) Needless to say, it enhanced the flavour of my soup tremendously. It was really really good cheese."



Mmmmm, Audrey Hepburn Parmesan

Wow! Marilyn Monroe Parmesan

She likes Audrey Hepburn

and I like Marilyn Monroe

"The cheese was so good that it inspired me to cook spaghetti (I normally prefer to cook rice). And it was good with spaghetti. Then, I cooked Spanish chicken with pasta and it was good with Spanish chicken with pasta. And now, there is only a little bit of Audrey Hepburn left in my fridge as I contemplate going back all the way to Maida Vale to buy some more."









Have to look for some Marilyn Monroe Parmesan to keep in my fridge.

No comments: