Friday, September 10, 2010

Daffodils


When I was in Holland a few months back, one of the flowers that has attracted me was Daffodils. They were here there and everywhere, at the parks, besides the highway, near the riverbanks, inside and outside the hotels and they were so beautiful.







This song from the Brothers Four - Seven Daffodils
is a very lovely song released in 1961.





The Brothers Four is an American Folk Group founded in 1957 in Seattle. The members are Bob Flick, John Paine, Mike Kirkland and Dick Foley. The acoustic presentation of rich blend of four harmonious beautiful voices was the trademark of their folk songs.

Lyrics for Seven Daffodils

I may not have a mansion, I haven't any land
Not even a paper dollar to crinkle in my hands

But I can show you morning on a thousand hills
And kiss you and give you seven daffodils.




I do not have a fortune to buy you pretty things
But I can weave you moonbeams for necklaces and rings
And I can show you morning on a thousand hills
And kiss you and give you seven daffodils.



Oh, seven golden daffodils all shining in the sun
To light our way to evening when our day is done
And I will give you music and a crust of bread
And a pillow of piny boughs to rest your head.



A pillow of piny boughs to rest your head...


No comments: