Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hong Kong, Hong Kong


Hong Kong so crowded, so hot, so humid, so fast moving, so expensive, so...... I don't like Hong Kong, not a nice place to stay but .......




the food is fantastically good, I love Hong Kong Food.




The fresh from oven Polo Pau from Honolulu Coffee Shop is much much better than the famous Rotiboy's maxican bun. It is so crunchy on the outside and so soft inside, sweet but not so sweet and the taste is fantastic.



My son loved the 'Chee Chai Pau' from Tsui Wah Restaurant so much that he would order the bun whenever he has the chance. The bread from the oven is very crunchy with a thick layer of butter and condensed milk.

The Mango Mango Mango Desserts from Hui Lau Shan is really 'Mo Tak Teng'. The mango served was of very high quality.





The Menu is fascinating.

The Mango Platter that I ordered Consists of :
1) Mango in Crystal Mango Jelly with Mango Ice Cream
2) Mango with Mango Mochi with Fresh Mango inside the Mochi
3) Mango with Glutinous Rice Balls in Mango Juice



This one is the best. Mango in Coconut Milk with Sago and Pomelo and Mango Ice Cream.


You can have Fresh Mango with Mango Mochi and Mango Ice Cream in Mango Juice with Crystal Mango Jelly.


I simply love this Mango Mango Mango Mango thing.





This Tuck Kee San Sui Tau Fu Fa at Lantau Island is the Best Tau Fu Fa I ever had. It was made from stone-ground (manually) soybean. Very smooth and soft and served with fine raw sugarcane sugar (my guess).


After taking this award winning Salted Baked Chicken with Sesame at Tai Woo Restaurant, I don't think I will eat any other baked chicken in KL for a while.



The Century eggs and the world famous roast goose from Yung Kee at Wellington Street are somethings tourists should not miss. Don't forget to make reservation one or two days in advance.




Don't forget to order the Imperial Abalone. I personally rank it higher than the KL Ah Yat Abalone. Unlike Ah Yat, it is served dry without any sauce to give you its original taste.


Just look at the 2008 Gold Medal Award, this Hee Kee Restaurant Award Winning 'Pei Fong Thong' Spicy Fried Crabs is very very famous. Must go to Hee Kee and not any other restaurants that sell the same cuisine. Must make reservation in advance. This plate with only one medium size crab cost my daughter HK$850.00 but I will order this dish again if I ever go to Hong Kong again, hopefully with my daughter again. Haha


No comments: