Friday, July 20, 2012

I love nectarines





To get a perfectly ripened good quality nectarine is very difficult in KL, even if you're willing to pay. If you can get one perfectly ripened nectarine, wow, you'll be addicted to it, take my worlds. But I am sure you have to pay between Rm7 to Rm10 for just one medium size fruit. Those 3 fruits for Rm10 nectarines, don't buy, you will get very disappointed when you eat.

Nectarine season has started in UK, you can get as cheap as 10 nectarines for GBP1 for normal quality fruits. For good quality perfectly ripened fruits, you may have to pay GBP1 for 2 fruits. And how good are they ?

From my daughter :

" ....... I washed a yellow flesh one and sank my teeth 
into the nectarine.  Juice  came out all over my mouth. 
And it was so sweet and soft and fragrant.  My 

immediate thought was - wow this must be the sensation 
that inspired the author of the Monkey God to talk 
about the Heavenly Peach. ....."
 

Development sequence of nectarines from buds formation in early winter to fruits ripening in mid-summer.

Courtesy of Wikipedia

I just hope I still can get first class quality nectarines when I go to UK next month.


.

No comments: