Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Teoh Inquiry




DAP Municipal councillor, Tan Boon Wah, told the Commission of Inquiry into the death of Teoh Beng Hock that he was threatened and harassed by Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) officers during questioning.

Kajang councilor Tan Boon Wah, who was taken to the Selangor MACC office on the 14th floor of Plaza Masalam, Shah Alam for questioning on July 15, 2009, the same day as Teoh, said he was threatened with bodily harm and made to worry about his wife and child.

"The officers told me they would bring my wife in and that would result in no one being there to take care of my then five-year-old child," said Tan.

"One of the MACC officers had also threatened to bring my daughter to the MACC office to see me cry."


Luckily he is strong enough to be still alive. Based on what he has said, one could easily imagine how Teoh Beng Hock could have been treated during questioning on the same day in the next room.



.

No comments: