Sunday, July 10, 2011

Email From London - Coversation with a 5 year old

A photo from Kent




A couple of months back, I went to visit my friend in Kent and met her adorable children, age 5 and 7. I wrote you an email about it. So, anyway, the mom and I were complaining about how difficult our exams were and also my dissertation. And her children actively participated in the discussion with really original questions.



5 year old : When will you know your exam results?

Me : Sometime in Jun/July, I guess

5 year old : When is your big essay due?

Me : Sometime in September

5 year old : So, if you fail your exams, do you still need to write the big essay?

Me : Good point. No.

5 year old : I wouldn't start work on the big essay until I know the exam results.

The Mom : I think he has a point.

Me: Me, too.


I'm serious. He actually said that. Of course, at the back of my mind, I always thought I would fail my political philosophy paper which was so insanely tough (remember, the guy was out to test what I did not know as opposed to what I know).



.

No comments: