Friday, February 25, 2011

Mail from London

About sunset time, I walked across the river, passed the London eye and sat by the river and watched the sun set over Big Ben. It was a beautiful sunset – very very rare in London because it is always so cloudy.


Then, I took out my sketch book and started to draw the Big Ben. Sketch sketch sketch and I didn't realise that a little girl, I think about 8-9 years old was watching me draw.


Courtesy of www.paperandthreads.com

You know my drawing skills la. So, anyway, she told her mother that she liked my drawing. So her mother said, "Excuse me,"

I turned because I thought maybe people want me to take picture for them.

"My daughter said she likes your drawing"

WAH!!!! First time in my life man! Someone say my drawing is nice - so happy. I think the pencil and sketch book got magical powers.

So, anyway, I asked the girl if she wanted my drawing, and she said yes. So, I wrote on the page,

"To Davinia (her name) with love"

and dated the sketching. I tore it out of my sketch book and gave it to her. You know, it can be very valuable one day and Davinia will be a millionaire.

Then, I sat there and watched the sun set a bit more, and I asked Davinia if she can draw in my book. Which she did. When I looked at it, I realised how come she thought my drawing was nice. :) Then again, she could be famous one day and I will be a millionaire.


**********************

Talking about becoming a millionaire, I am still keeping my son's drawing, hoping to be a millionaire one day.


But 14 years after drawing the rabbit, he is doing Economics in UCL now, but I am not giving up my $$$$$$$$$$$$ dream yet, after all, Ven Gogh took up serious painting only in his late twenties.

But I have to admit, current modern standard of living does not provide a conducive environment to nurture a painter.

When Ven Gogh's brother asked him,"Hey, how is your room?"
Ven Gogh had to start painting to send this to his brother.


My son sent the following to me when I asked about his room.


To show to his brother his new haircut, Ven Gogh had to paint again.


And I believed my son would have sent me the following when I emailed him,"Don't keep your hair too long."

No comments: